Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Trip

The trip is finally here. 90 days in Australia. I headed down under on Wednesday April 9. First I needed to get from Phoenix to Los Angeles. The flight left Phoenix at 8:00PM and Arrived at 9:30PM. Since that was a domestic flight, I needed to get off the flight, go get my baggage from baggage claim and head to the international terminal.
The international terminal was an experience. It was extremely busy with people. After finding my airline's ticket desk among the many ticket counters, I was able to check in. Once checked in, it was back through security and to the gate. This whole processes took me about an hour and a half, so by the time I got to the gate, they were already boarding.
The flight was on Qantas Airlines, direct from Los Angeles to Melbourne. The plane was very nice, with each seat having it's own video monitor, and remote control. Upon arriving at my seat (which was unfortunately a middle seat.) I found a pillow, blanket, and a set of headphones.
The flight took off and we were served dinner with a choice of meals. I took Chicken with Pasta, Peas, and Carrots, a salad, and a brownie.
Fortunately, I was able to sleep for several hours, waking to find a bag with snacks in it like cookeis, M&M's and a bottle of water.
A little more sleep, and then a hot breakfast. Within a few hours we were on the ground in Melbourne.

No comments: